At last! A wheat-free version of our best selling Cream of Wild Rice Soup. It's still thick and creamy, still loaded with wild rice. 45 minute stovetop cook time, or use your crockpot. All you need to add is one-half cup of cream (half and half) just before serving.
- Open package and set aside the small pouch that contains white cornstarch.
- Put 5 cups water into a 3-quart soup pot. Add contents of rice-veggie-broth bag to cooking water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 35 minutes, or until wild rice is tender.
- In a small bowl, stir cornstarch into 1/2 cup cool water until dissolved. Pour into cooked soup and stir until soup thickens. Simmer 5 minutes more.
- Add 1/2 cup cream (half and half) and stir well.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and serve.
Serving size 1/4 cup of dried mix, servings per container 5, Calories 30, Total Fat 0g, Sodium, 541mg, Total Carbohydrates 10g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 2g. Based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
MN grown wild rice, broth (maltodextrin, sea salt, autolyzed yeast extract, natural flavor, onion, celery, parsley, spinach, garlic, carrot, potato flour, soybean oil, xanthan gum, spices, extractive of spices, lecithin), cornstarch, onion, celery, mushrooms.
Made in a facility that also processes wheat, nuts, soy, dairy and eggs.